NLHI Durrer Center was founded by the NLHI in 2008. NLHI Durrer Center facilitates collaborations in the research community by consolidating and expanding a stable organization by performing dedicated and high quality and durable storage of biological materials (biobanking) and providing support in data management and stewardship (research data management).
NLHI Durrer Center offers (logistic) procedures, tools and support in implementing these features to give researchers the opportunity to:
1) efficiently start multi-center initiatives using already existing and sustainable procedures and tools
2) work according the FAIR principles since samples/data need to be Findable (F), Interoperable (I), Accessible (A) and Reusable (R).
3) use transparent procedures on data sharing organized by an independent facility (ISO9001:2015 certification).
As member of the team Data Infrastructure of DCVA, NLHI Durrer Center is responsible for the set up and update of:
1) the DCVA Catalogue to find already collected cardiovascular data and biosamples for reuse
2) a guide on infrastructure that helps researchers to find the services to compose / execute research Priorities of the Data Infrastructure team are A) making data available to collaborate and exchange data, B) strengthen facilities for registry-based research, C) implement a national platform for cardiovascular patient, including the possibility to donate date and D) make available biological samples and heart tissue for research.